The Electrical Engineering team is part of the “Data Center Electrification & Automation” department, which is responsible for realizing multidisciplinary projects Bedrijfsomschrijving
The Electrical Engineering team is part of the “Data Center Electrification & Automation” department, which is responsible for realizing multidisciplinary projects worldwide. The department consists of about 100 engineers. The department falls under the Smart Infrastructure division; one of the world’s largest suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the sustainable, reliable and efficient transmission and distribution of energy.
Due to the growth of our operations, we are looking for a Lead Engineer
Electrical to fit into this close-knit and driven team.
In the role of Lead Engineer Electrical, you will be responsible for the engineering and realization of projects in the field of power distribution in the data center industry. The Lead Engineer is responsible for the technical solution and ensures that it is realized within agreed timeline and budget. In this position, you will work for the Electrical Engineering team for data centers, which consists of around 20 engineers.
The Lead Engineer is responsible for the engineering in the project. An important part of the job is managing and supervising the Interface- and System engineers who, under the responsibility of the Lead Engineer, work out the detailed engineering. The scope within the projects consists of the engineering, manufacturing, installation, and commissioning of power distribution systems. Such as medium- and low-voltage switchgear, transformers, power distribution units, bus bar systems, digital protection, automation and monitoring systems, and modular solutions such as E-Houses and Skids.
The Lead Engineer maintains an overview and ensures that the various designs and disciplines are functionally aligned and realized within agreed budget and schedule. The short lead times and high requirements of our customers creates a dynamic environment which needs to be managed well. Besides managing the engineering team, you have frequent contact with the client. You advise our clients and ensure the coordination between the designs and stakeholders, making you the technical
point of contact. Within the projects, there is always intensive cooperation with the Project Manager.
Work mainly takes place from our office in The Hague, the Netherlands. In addition, the position involves regular visits to factories and project sites both at home and abroad. This might include supervising factory testing, attending meetings with the customer, or coordinating site work.
- Completed HTS or TU degree in electrical engineering with at least 7 years’ work experience as (lead) engineer in multidisciplinary projects;
- Practical and theoretical experience with low- and medium-voltage switchgear, transformers, short-circuit and selectivity calculations and standards such as IEC 61439;
- Experience in preparing technical reports and test plans;
- Creative, positive, able to communicate ideas and encourage people;
- Able to make engineering and execution plans, monitor them and realize them;
- Experience in working in a team and managing and coaching engineers;
- Communicative, political and commercially strong, able to cope with critical customers;
- Flexible and willing to travel regularly for short business trips;
- Stress-resistant and able to act within a pressured environment;
- Speaks and writes English fluently; preferably also knowledge of the Dutch language.
- Salary: €4000 – €6000 p.m. based on full time.
- Hours: 40 hour p.w. (32 hours p.w. is optional)
- Location: Den Haag (hybrid is possible), occasional away on business trips
- Start date: flexible, but preferably soon
- Contract: 1 year via Yacht, after that extension or a perm contract with the company is possible
- Educational budget
Om op deze vacature te solliciteren bezoek je nl.whatjobs.com.