With a career at Aramco, a global leader in the energy industry, you’ll provide the invaluable support that keeps our business moving forward. From exploration and production to refining and distribution, the scale and complexity of our operations means your expertise will get the full exposure it deserves. So just imagine the possibilities for development. We have the model for generations of sustainable energy. But it all begins with a huge investment in your expertise.
An In-House Corporate Legal Counsel with Aramco Overseas Company B.V., a Dutch subsidiary in charge of Saudi Aramco’s operations and investments across Europe and Asia.
Generally Looking for
A certified (bar admitted), experienced, English-speaking attorney with over 10 years of experience, primarily in commercial contracts and corporate law, with demonstrable ability at negotiating, documenting, and closing a variety of complex transactions; managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment; and collaborating with business units to develop deal structures and mitigate associated risks.
- Law degree from a recognized, accredited institution and qualified to practice law in the US, Canada, the UK or the Netherlands.
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbally.
- Has strong interpersonal skills and is comfortable working in a team setting
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in private practice (at least 2 years) and as an in-house attorney (preferably in a multinational or oil and gas company). Advanced qualification(s) or other work experience may be considered to contribute as work experience.
- Has demonstrable experience in Corporate law and Contracting as a primary legal domain, as further detailed below:
- Corporate Law and Contracting: able to draft, review, negotiate, and manage disputes/settlements arising from a variety of commercial agreements – including EPC contracts, shareholder agreements, financing arrangements, etc. – and the ability to advise corporate clients, management and directors of the same.
- Acquisitions and investments: acting for AOC in respect of its acquisitions, global investments and related activities – and the ability to advise corporate clients, senior management and other key stakeholders of the same.
- Identify and analyse the legal issues based on the available information; apply the relevant facts to the laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures; develop solutions and draft legal opinions; then advise the Chief Counsel, management and corporate clients accordingly.
- Provide opinions on a wide range of cross-jurisdictional issues, including procurement and supply chain management; contract negotiations; tax planning and/or compliance; financing; and litigation.
- Conduct research and due diligence reviews, and memorialized reports and memoranda addressing transactional, commercial and corporate level legalities
- Support in implementing AOC’s Compliance and Ethics program; associated controls, systems and the framework for independent monitoring of the execution of the program
- Liaising with other functions such as Finance and Internal Audit to conduct Compliance and Ethics risk assessments
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams – including Finance, HR, Contracting, Engineering and others – towards implementing common objectives.
- Assist the Chief Counsel and the Legal Team in examining the law and facts pertinent to the Company’s operation at the enterprise level.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders and counterparts.
- Provide legal support to the company and to its foreign offices and operations.
- Collect relevant evidence and information, recommend solutions and communicate with all parties involved.
- Perform any other miscellaneous duties as directed by Chief Counsel or senior members of management.
- Maintain confidentiality, exercise sound judgement and maintain a professional behaviour at all times.
- Offers appropriate assistance and support to colleagues and superiors within own area of expertise, without waiting to be asked.
- Communicates well within and across teams to break down barriers and achieve team goals and leads tasks when necessary.
- Works collaboratively with all team members to integrate individual perspective; provides encouragement and acknowledgement of others’ contributions and inputs.
Other General Requirements:
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance and seeks guidance as appropriate.
- Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Consistently displays an outstanding degree of involvement and engagement which inspires others.
- Proactively takes on additional assignments to stretch own capabilities and contributes to overall team performance levels.
- Is aware of own responsibilities while maintaining a high level of cooperation.
- Seeks and strives to obtain understanding of the business as a system and how all the functions interconnect.
Lees hier meer…
Om op deze vacature te solliciteren bezoek je nl.whatjobs.com.